Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Castles and wifi don't quite mix

Yes, castles are incredible. But unfortunately, at least with this castle in particular, they aren't in convenient locations for internet..

They claim to have wifi here, but I have attempted to access facebook, skype, gmail, hotmail, etc., and I can't even get to their home pages. for some reason, though, blogger is slooowwwlly loading. So I apologize for the lack of communication, but blame the Brits. It's their fault for not providing me with better service. I just waited for literally ten minutes to try and load a picture of the castle for you, but couldn't even get to where it allows me to choose the picture I want.

I will update you on the positives of this place as soon as I can get to a cafe in town or something. For now I am going to go sheep tipping or play football or something more interesting than this super slow internet.


Ps. the exciting news of the day: there is an outreach opportunity for 10 Capernwray students to go to Kenya after Christmas. I want to go.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I guess you are back in the '90's there, eh? SLOW internet reminds me of the good ol' days ;-) You know, the pioneering days? I am glad other things sound good. Are you living in a castle? How amazing is that? Awesome! Good to hear you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes aunty, if definately feels like dial-up most times. I can't quite date myself back to the pioneering days though.. It must have been even worse for you back then, eh? And you bet I'm living in a castle. Well technically it's a 1900's manor house.. Actually I might finally be able to post some pics of it for you today

    ReplyDelete