Thursday, October 28, 2010

Burberry, Busking, and British Ale


Saturday night took Karsten and I to Carnforth train station, just to realize that there were no trains to Manchester until the next morning. Neither of us had much experience in train travel, so we were unaware as to the system, but we decided to risk it and head to a bigger city called Preston. As hoped, we found a train five minutes after our arrival to Preston that would call at Manchester Piccadilly. Perfect.

Sunday was spent with Karsten and my cousins Kristin and Carmen, walking along the canal and owning downtown Manchester. Check out Kristin's great travel blog here for her take on our time in Manchester!

Top fashion - black umbrellas for only 125 pounds
I now have a sharp black umbrella... But unfortunately not Burberry.
  

Taxi please
Old Wellington Inn - One of Manchester's oldest buildings. Home to some of the finest fish and chips, and a daily varying selection of local ales.
Rory Charles. Best busker I've heard, with a great CD for sale.

3 comments:

  1. Great photos. Sounds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the "great photos" comment. Wow!! I love those old buildings and the taxi. So neat. What an adventure you are on!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome photos, we had a great time didnt we???? I miss the time we spent there.
    Really impressed with your awesome, to the point and poignant blogging with great visuals.
    Also love the updated blog style. I am proud to be a follower of your blog. Keep it up cuz!!!
    Love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete