Sunday, October 17, 2010

Public Foothpath

The other day a few of us capers went on a walk up a hill. It looks pretty small in the pic, but it had an amazing view of the ocean and rolling hills.
For pedestrians to be able to get to "points of interest" in England, there are often 'public footpaths' set up for them to follow. The strange thing is, these often go through people's property. The path to get to the top of this hill literally took us right up a rancher's driveway and in between their house and garage. The owners of the house were actually outside at the time, and they just smiled and told us where to go. We literally had to jump the fence into their field of horses and cows and hike through there.

Myself, Alyssa and Kaitlyn with castle in the background

Walking towards the hill from the Capernwray loop

Ruins of some sort at the top of the hill





Nice and green, eh? 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely sunglasses. That's what I got out of this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. How warm is it there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty European if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my Grandson,Gramma is visiting R&M and family. Life here is very fun and busy. My first trip since I visited your Ma&Pa is Sept, my back did well. Hey when on medication I can do and go, do and go well. I love the pictures you have taken. You are missed and loved. Keep your focus on Jesus and Esp. 6 please put on every day Kyle. I pray a protection for you daily. We love you very, very much. Gramma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candra, this was the one day it was sunny enough to wear them.. So thank you for noticing

    It is pretty cold here now, mother

    Thanks Caleb

    I try my best, Gill

    Thank you for the prayer, Grandma. It is much appreciated.

    Come back in a couple days and I'll finally have a couple Edinburgh pictures posted.

    ReplyDelete